Thanks for the award nomination, Bee, at my Un-Puzzled Heart! I am honored and touched to receive this nomination. It was very thoughtful of you to think of me. I am pleased and proud to be part of the WordPress family.
If there’s one thing I pride myself (and my Blog) on, it’s versatility. I try hard to be unique and original. I know there are other bloggers who write about their meanderings, ramblings, thoughts, musings, reflections, observations and daily lives. I’m not unique there. I also know there are other photographic blogs that are much better done than my own. I photograph what strikes me as beautiful, using mostly my iPhone. I dream of some day owning an expensive camera. Other Moms and Wives write about their families, trials, tribulations and lives. I have a different perspective, having kids with ADHD, Type 1 Diabetes, Autism and Celiac disease. Others deal with worse, though, on a daily basis. I am sure there are other trucker’s wives who blog about their daily routines and sacrifices. There are also nature blogs and cute animal-themed blogs. I try to do a little bit of all of the above. When I started, I was encouraged to find my “niche”. I don’t really have one. I think I have several. I write about or post photos of whatever is foremost on my mind. I put it out there for everyone else to share, too. If others like it, I am thrilled. If not, it’s okay, too. Receiving award nominations is fun. It shows me that someone likes what I do. Thanks, again, Bee!
As part of the reward requirements, I was asked to list seven interesting things about myself. Here goes:
1) I owned 5 brand new cars in 8 years (3 of them Pontiac Firebirds) when I was single;
2) I played guitar and took lessons for 2 years, and I also took piano lessons;
3) I got my first tattoo at age 50 and the second one at age 53;
4) I didn’t get my Driver’s License until I was 21;
5) I’ve worked in a secretarial/administrative position for 35 years;
6) I started working on my first college degree at age 51;
7) I have had 3 dogs and 6 cats in my lifetime (to-date); and
8) Every one of the interesting things above has a number in it!! How did that happen?
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the same awards (shown above). I apologize if they have received them before. I have only been on WordPress for 3 months now and on Blogger before that. I recognize these bloggers for their unique, interesting, beautiful, inspirational, entertaining and awesome blogs.
7) gf and me
14) Mickey Math
15) Before I Forget