Thank you! Bee (Barb) from http://barbmca.wordpress.com nominated me for the Liebster Award. Blogger awards are a great way to learn more about your fellow bloggers. I did some research on the Liebster award, and this is what I found:
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Blogging is about building a community and award nominations are a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
RULES FOR NOMINEES
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
5. Go to each blogger’s site and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I was born in February and prefer the cold weather.
- I like snow.
- I am a procrastinator.
- I am a pessimist.
- I am of German-Irish descent. My paternal grandmother’s family came from the Black Forest in Germany.
- I was always a dog person until Sammy the cat took over our lives in 1996.
- I love the water. I could sit and watch it for hours (that’s what I want to do when I retire).
- I am a homebody.
- I love cinnamon buns.
- I find it hard to sit still. When I do, I usually fall asleep.
- I love to listen to the birds chirping in my yard.
THE 11 QUESTIONS POSTED BY THE PERSON WHO NOMINATED ME
1) Do you like it that the news of the world is instantaneous these days? Yes. I like that you can get the news online and read only the bits and pieces you are interested in. I always found the 6 o’clock news hour so depressing when I was growing up. My Dad watched it every night.
2) Do you like travel? No. Much to my husband’s dismay, I prefer my own four walls.
3) Do you like hiking? Nope. I like walking, but I do my walking around the neighborhood, the city streets or occasionally a canal path. I walk 2-3 miles per day. I just don’t want to do it in the woods. I hate bugs, and I am allergic to a lot of the poison ivy-like plants out there. I break out just looking at them!
4) How many hours do you spend blogging? Too many! Probably at least 3 hours/day. WordPress has become my Facebook. I love to see what others have created.
5) Do you feel there is enough hours in the day to blog? I need more hours in the day for the “other” stuff – eating, sleeping, spending time with family, housework and homework.
6) Who is going to win the Australian elections? I haven’t a clue. I live in the U.S. and don’t pay much attention to politics – not even here.
7) Do you agree politics can be a pain? See my previous answer. I hate that people get so unreasonable and fight over them all the time.
8) Do you like sport? Not anymore. I used to follow baseball and football. I used to like to play softball. My “sport” now is gardening or walking.
9) What sort of documentaries do you like? I hate documentaries!
10) Do you like Ice cream? I like soft ice cream. My kids laugh when I microwave the ice cream container to soften it up before I eat it.
11) Do you like chocolate? Hah! Do I like chocolate? I used to say that if you cut me, I would bleed chocolate. I’m a little better now. I buy things like Hershey’s Kisses and I only eat a couple a day – just enough to say I had some.
MY FIVE NOMINEES
ELEVEN QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- Why do you blog?
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
- What is your favorite book?
- From where do you get your inspiration?
- What is your favorite food?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What is the most interesting place you’ve ever visited?
- Where were you born?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What class did you enjoy the most while in school?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
Thanks, again, Barb, for the nomination. Awards are always such fun, and I appreciate the nomination very much!