Morgan from http://booknvolume.com/ shared these wonderful awards with me. I’m not sure if I’m worthy, but, thank you! I’ve been nominated for the Blog of the Year Award and for the Most Influential Blogger Award.
The Rules for the Blog of the Year 2013 Award are:
1-Select the blog(s) you think deserve the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award.
2-Write a post about the blog(s) you have chosen (there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required) and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3-Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them- (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
4-Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award via this link:http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
5-You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page. Click the link here:https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear to share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6-Finally, as a winner of the award, please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award-and then proudly display the award on your blog- and start collecting stars!
Here are My nominees for Blog of the Year 2013:
1. Morgan at booknvolume – http://booknvolume.com/
2. Tyler at The ancient eavesdropper – http://tylerpedersen02.wordpress.com/
3. Pooky at Pooky’s Poems – http://pookypoetry.wordpress.com/
4. Bailey at Bailey Boat Cat – http://baileyboatcat.com/
Please visit these remarkable blogs to check out their amazing offerings. You won’t be disappointed.
The Rules for the Most Influential Blogger Award are:
1. Display the Award on your Blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
3. Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award.
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment.
5. Answer each of the 11 questions that your awarder asked, and then write 11 for your awardees (or use the same ones up to you!)
Most Importantly, My Nominees Are:
1. To Breathe is to Write – http://jlroeder.wordpress.com/
2. talainsphotographyblog at http://talainsphotographyblog.wordpress.com/
3. Sharon Cummings at http://sharoncummings.wordpress.com/
4. Cleopatra Loves Books at http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/
5. Cee’s Photography at http://ceenphotography.com/
6. Photo Nature Blog at http://photonatureblog.com/
7. The Top 10 of Anything and Everything at http://theverybesttop10.com/
8. Rantings of an Amateur Chef at http://rantingchef.com/
9. Hope* the happy hugger at http://hopethehappyhugger.wordpress.com/
10. unaware but underlined at http://unawarebutunderlined.wordpress.com/
And now for the questions:
1) What makes you happiest? My family.
2) Do you love the Oceans or Mountains more? Oceans – I love the water.
3) What has been a special moment in 2013? My finishing up my college degree (it’s still coming, but I should be done in mid-December).
4) What’s your favorite quote? I don’t believe I have one.
5) Do you like yourself? I’ve gotten better at it as the years have gone by. You get more accepting as you get older.
6) Do you stay up till midnight on New Year? Usually, I do. I’m a night owl.
7) Something you wish could be done ASAP? Weight loss!
8) What was your favorite class when still at school? Anything creative – my college courses in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator were favorites.
9) What musical instrument have you tried to play? Guitar and piano – neither one stuck.
10) Anything you had wished to have learned earlier? No – life is a continual learning process. You’re never too old to learn something new.
11) Do you like to do Crafts, Drawing or Painting? Drawing.
I also received The Versatile Blogger award from Robin at Playful Kitty. Playful Kitty can be found at http://playfulkitty.wordpress.com/. If you are a cat lover like I am, check out Robin’s blog.
This award actually has its own site with the official rules listed (The Versatile Blogger Award). The rules are:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their site.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. (I’m going to bend the rules and nominate less than 15).
- List 7 things about yourself.
Check out these terrific blogs!
- Green Embers – http://greenembers.wordpress.com/
- Great Blue Herons – http://babsjeheron.wordpress.com/
- Written Thoughts – http://mjraik.wordpress.com/
- In touch with Emma – http://gillmcgrath.com/
- Jardin – http://jardindesign.org/
7 Facts About Me
1. I am less than 3 weeks away from being a college graduate. It took me 33 years to go back to school, and I have done my entire interactive media design degree online.
2. I have lived in the same city all my life. I lived in the city itself for 4 years, an outlying town for 30 years and another outlying town for 20 years. My address has always been “Rochester, NY”.
3. I love cats. I have had 6 of them over the course of my married life. I have 2 at present.
4. I am addicted to the wildlife outside my front door. I love the squirrels and birds who visit. I am outside in my pj’s every morning while it’s still dark to fill the feeders. I spend a lot of time with a camera in my hand.
5. I am married to an over the road trucker. If I didn’t have my two sons still living at home with me, I would be very lonely. I don’t have a huge circle of friends, and most of my family is deceased or moved out of state.
6. I am shy in nature and listen more than I talk in public. Talking to strangers and mingling at parties terrify me. I have always been this way.
7. I work full-time at a large law firm where my attention to detail and over-organized habits are put to good use in the intellectual property department. I work for two partners processing all kinds of paperwork for patents, trademarks and copyrights files.