I am well and truly done now.  The final grades are in, and I’m over the moon with excitement.

My grade on my 11-page website is a 91%. That was a complicated and difficult project that I worked on for 6 weeks.  I tried hard to make my website perfect, but it had a few flaws that I couldn’t quite iron out. The required elements were all there – they just weren’t perfect.

My grade on my 32-page Marketing Plan is 100%. That plan consisted of seven different assignments – four from this course and three from a previous course.  We had to knit them all together into a cohesive plan.

My final grade in the Capstone course itself is a 95.86%. The Capstone course is Bryant & Stratton’s version of an internship program for online students.  I have never had a course with so many assignments due each week. It was a challenge to keep up and get them all submitted on time. In addition to all those detailed and challenging assignments, we worked on our website in the background – doing a little bit at a time when we had the time so that it would be ready at the end of the class.

So when it’s all said and done – that’s all straight A’s – every class in the associate’s degree program.  I took a total of 21 classes over three years (I had one class in Medical Terminology before I switched degree programs – I got an A in that class, too, even though I hated it!).4.0 GPA – all A’s. Is that summa cum laude?

I have been told by my mother-in-law and by my husband that my parents would be very proud.  My Mom has been gone for 8 years, and my Dad has been gone for 26 years.  I am not sure they would understand why I went back to school so late in life, but I do think they are smiling down on me from somewhere. Thanks, Mom and Dad.

21 thoughts on “Bragging Rights

1. suzie81 says:

That’s brilliant. Congratulations!

Thanks, Suzie. I’m so excited!

2. I’m sure your Mom and Dad are most proud of you – they may be gone but they are certainly keeping an eye on you! I’ve felt similar approval from one or both of my parents through the years and they’ve been gone for a long time….you just FEEL it! Congratulations for your considerable success in keeping up with such a busy schedule – it is NEVER EVER too late to learn – in fact it’s wonderful to KEEP learning as time goes by. It’s a marvelous achievement – give yourself a lot of credit because you deserve it!!

Pam

Thanks, Pam. I’m so excited I want to skip down the street, singing. I’m not usually a happy, bubbly person, but I have been today! Thank you for the lovely thoughts about my parents. I know they are still there. My poor Dad has missed it all – my wedding, my kids, my entire adult life, but I know he’s still “with me”. Now he and Mom are holding hands, smiling and watching over me.

3. charlottekoppal says:

That’s great! You always were a smarty-pants!

Ha! Thanks, sweetie. It feels wonderful!!!!

4. jb says:

I am NOT surprised!!! Now do you see how good you are?

LOL! You sound like Eric – he keeps telling me I have to have confidence in my game.

5. Congratulations on your amazing grades and hard work! :
    I recently finished a university certificate program as an enhancement to my Early Childhood Education. Out of 8 courses, I had all A’s except one. I know the timing was not good for this course, but I was still upset about it. Then I thought…WHAT THE HECK!! You’re 52 years old and you did this!!
    Again, congrats!! We never stop learning!. 🙂

Thank you! And, congrats to you, too, on your great accomplishment. I agree – we are never too old to learn. It keeps us sharp, and there were times when I clearly outpaced some of the “kids” in my class – that was great for my ego, too!!

6. JackieP says:

Congrats! You did awesome! You are never to old to learn about things you want to learn.

Thanks, Jackie!

7. Concatulations!!!! TRILLLLLLLS AND SUPER TRILLLLLLLS!!! THE HUMAN AND I ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!! HOW AMAZING!!!

CURL UP SOMEWHERE WITH YOUR KATS AND A GOOD BOOK AND RELAX!
    YOU DESERVE IT!!!

SHRIMP

That’s a fantastic idea, Shrimp! Thank you!!

1. You’re welcome! (purrs)!

8. Linda A. says:

Congratulations Donna!
    Now it’s time to celebrate!
    Linda A.

Thanks, Linda! Some champagne (or wine) sounds nice.

9. digitalgranny says:

So very cool and we are all proud of you and you totally rock!!