He was only a squirrel.
I feel bad he didn’t know the dangers of the road.
I feel anger at the car that did this.
I feel sad that he’s gone.
I feel love for the two sons who picked up his broken body so that their grieving mother did not have to.
I feel proud to have raised such wonderful and thoughtful young men.
I feel sad.
He was just a little squirrel.

15 thoughts on “Sadness

1. JackieP says:

Awww, I hate when that happens. hugs!

I hate it, too. Poor little guy.

2. Morgan says:

Thank You for Being a Blessing in my Life. I Appreciate YOU

Thanks, Morgan.

3. Oh no! We’re so sorry to hear this. What sad news! (((BIG HUGS))) Roxy & Tigerlino

Thanks, guys. Poor squirrel-boy.

4. natjtan says:

A little squirrel or not, he was a big squirrel to you. Maybe he told a friend about the lady with the peanuts.

There were 4 or 5 of them out there today. I think this might have been one of Sera’s sons. Poor guy.

5. Skye says:

This morning, I was thinking about you and the squirrel. A squirrel then ran across my yard. I decided to say a prayer for you each time I see one. A way to connect with my amazing squirrel-loving friend. Love you, Donna. Hope you are doing alright. Hugs!

Thanks, Skye. I am doing well. I wondered for a brief moment if I should stop feeding them, but then I came home from shopping and was standing at the kitchen sink, and I noticed one of the squirrels running along the edge of the garage roof, looking in at me. I took him out some peanuts, and he came dashing down the tree to get them. I can’t stop feeding them. They bring me such joy.

1. Skye says:

Please do not stop. They need you and you need them. 🙂

6. You did a good job, mom. Compassion lasts a lifetime.

Aw, thank you.