Uh-oh, I’ve done it again.  I’m enrolled, and I start school again in a month and a half.  I know I graduated in May (finished my Associate’s degree in December).  I know I tried a different online school and didn’t care for their Bachelor’s program and dropped out after finishing one class and not finishing a second one.

This time I’ve gone back to my first school, and I’m not going for a Bachelor’s degree. I’m going for a dual Associate’s degree.  I don’t have to take any of the Liberal Arts classes in the program.  My credits transfer over from the program I just completed.  I only have to take the content classes so I’m already half done with the second degree. This time I’m going for what I probably should have gone for in the first place.  This time the degree will more closely match what I do in my day job.

Fall2014

Yes, I’m going for an Associate’s degree in Paralegal Studies.  Am I crazy?  Maybe. Am I excited about it?  Yes. I’ve missed school!  Okay, yes, I am crazy.  I guess I’m addicted to learning.  I’m excited to learn more about the law and more about what paralegals do in other areas of the law.  My legal experience consists of 8 years in a law firm’s Human Resources department and 8 years in Intellectual Property (Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights) departments at two different law firms.  I look forward to learning more. Yep, definitely crazy!

12 thoughts on “Still a Student

1. quiall says:

But it’s a good crazy! You are improving yourself through knowledge.

That’s true!

2. Green Embers says:

This is awesome! Glad to hear you’re doing it. 😀

Also this: Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights, sounds like a complete and total headache, lol. The news stories about them give me a headache.

Lots of details, dates, numbers and nitpicky rules! Good for the over-organized mind. 🙂

3. Whatever could be wrong with being addicted to learning, Donna? 🙂

Nothing. I just wish sometimes that I hadn’t waited so long. 🙂

4. sue marquis bishop says:

Congratulations….

5. babsje says:

Wonderful news, so happy for you! I always felt that the second school just wasn’t a good fit for you.

Thanks! I am sooooo glad I quit that one!

6. I am always signing up for classes online to learn more computer software programs.
    I think I just enjoy being an eternal student. 🙂

Me, too! I’m sorry I waited so long to discover how much fun it is!