School has begun for me again, and there just doesn’t seem to be enough time in the day for all that I must fit in. I haven’t given up on blogging. Some of you may have figured out that I’ve resurrected Sera’s blog (www.squirrelnamedsera.com). Sera is my “pet” squirrel. Sera may very well be more than one squirrel, but I like to think it’s the same one all the time. She sits on the front step railing and begs for food.

20131107-071954.jpgBlogging on Sera’s blog has become more fun since I went to posting squirrel advice. I have so many great squirrel photographs taken in my own front yard that it seems a shame not to use them or re-use them for another purpose. I thought posting squirrel-isms or suggestions as a squirrel might look at life sounded like a cute idea. It gives me the opportunity to be creative (I’m using PowerPoint a lot more). I can quickly toss ideas onto a photo, and then I have a post. With all the schoolwork I have, posting every other day as Sera is about all I can handle at the moment.

I will post here from time to time as the mood strikes me or as I get the time.

13 thoughts on “I’m Still Here!

1. Awww – how PURRecious!! 🐱

🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈😃

2. jenanita01 says:

Reblogged this on Anita & Jaye Dawes and commented:
    Whatever it takes, that’s all I can say. I think Sera will turn out to be a very wise squirrel indeed!

Thanks for the reblog!

3. Think about how terrifying squirrels would be without their fur. Just standing there… looking at you……. waiting.

They’d be cold without fur! She was using her tail for an umbrella yesterday. It was pouring, and she sat on the tree branch with her tail over her head.

4. Sera’s so cute! I wish she’d teach my squirrels to be a little more friendly and playful with the hand that feeds them!

Sera has her “owner” trained pretty well. She’s figured out being cute gets her peanuts. 🙂

5. I don’t know whether I’ve told this story. Please forgive me if it’s a repeat.

We had trained squirrels in our neighborhood growing up. One of the girls would catch babies and train them. She ended up a vet. So, squirrels would come right up to me and eat from my hand. It was pretty amazing. I’ve always loved squirrels because of that, though they’re not generally that friendly.

Good luck this term.

Thanks, Andra. No, you never told me that story. My squirrels are fairly well trained but they won’t take anything from my hand. One almost came in the door with my son today. I hope that never happens! I don’t think the squirrel would like my cats. That would be a disaster!