Still in pursuit of answers, I went for an upper endoscopy this past Monday. That went off as planned. I fasted from midnight the night before, and the test was at 11:30. My dear hubby took me. I was groggier this time; I even had to hitch a wheelchair ride out to the car. The upper endoscopy showed mild gastritis. No results yet on the biopsies he took.

I went yesterday for the last test my doctor wanted me to have, a CAT scan. That was more of a hassle than anything else. I had to go to Highland Hospital, a place I’d never been. I didn’t even know where it was! I had to fast from 10:00 a.m.  The test was scheduled for 2:00. They didn’t do the scan until 4:10. I sat in the waiting room for over an hour!  Once called in, I had to drink six 8-ounce cups of a sorbitol solution over an hour, and then wait 30 minutes. The scan and contrast dye injection were the easy part. Drinking all that liquid is nauseating.

I now have quite the collection of doctor/hospital wristbands. Too bad they’re not worth anything!

The doctor called today with my CAT scan results already. I have acute diverticulitis. Ouch. I’m relieved I now know why I’ve been so sick. I’m on two antibiotics, a difficult task since I’m allergic to penicillin and sulfa, and many other medications bother me.

August has truly been the month from hell for me. In three weeks I’ve had an ER visit, a colonoscopy, an upper endoscopy, and a CAT scan. I’ve lost ten pounds, and I’ve missed five days of work. I’m eager to feel well again. I’m hopeful it’ll happen soon.

On a happier note, here’s some cute bird feeder photos of my chubby woodchuck and his friends, the blue jay, the squirrel, and assorted sparrows.

I’ve also got Chase, my faceplant kitty with his face pressed into the loveseat armrest.

I took a short walk today and photographed a planter downtown.

And my perennial favorite, the back door of the long-since closed Chinese restaurant with its “NO PRAKING” sign.

Cheers!

22 thoughts on “Diagnosis And Randomness

1. Victo Dolore says:

I hope those antibiotics wrap it up for you, pronto. Get to feeling better!!!

Liked by 2 people

2. deborahkehoe says:

Feel better Donna!!

Liked by 3 people

3. JackieP says:

It’s nice to finally know what’s wrong. Get well soon.

Liked by 2 people

4. I hope you get better soon. I learned how tricky it is for doctors to prescribe an antibiotic for penicillin allergies a couple week ago when I needed some for an infected finger…

And speaking of agonizing torture, are you still on the jury duty watch?

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks. Yes, I have to call in next Tuesday and possibly report on Wednesday! I’ve asked my doctor for a note. I don’t think I can sit in a courtroom for hours without easy bathroom access. I’m taking all my paperwork with me and hope they’ll excuse me.

5. jenanita01 says:

At least they found something that can be fixed… and the sooner the better!

Liked by 2 people

1. Yes, I agree. Thank you.

6. I hope you feel better soon!!

7. quiall says:

At least now you have a name for what ails you. Next step . . . feeling better!

1. Yes. Thank you, Pam.

8. pattisj says:

Glad you’re getting some answers, Donna. Hope you feel like yourself again soon. Ugh, I can’t imagine drinking that!

1. Thanks, Patti. I’ve had to drink all kinds of nasty things to clean me out and for imaging purposes. I’m weary of feeling poorly.

1. pattisj says:

That does get old in a hurry.

9. Ugh! Here’s hoping that knowing what is wrong will bring about a solution sooner rather than later.

1. It’s been slow recovering. I wish I’d never heard of diverticulitis.

10. The prepping is always a hassle and gross to drink, I’ve always had difficulty downing it all and finishing. Happy to hear that your diagnosis is treatable. Hope you get better soon.